Edna Ranck International Study Award
Recipient must be a full-time student in the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy within the Department of International Affairs with a minimum 3.2 GPA who will be studying abroad for a period of time up to but not to exceed three months. Preference will be given to a student studying outside North America and outside of Western Europe.
- Edna Runnels Ranck, Ed.D. and Mr. Martin Fleischer
- Academic College/Unit
- Social Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- The Edna Ranck International Study Award is for a full-time student in International Affairs, Asian Studies, Latin American or Caribbean Studies, or Russian and East European Studies to help support foreign study and travel that will broaden the recipient’s perspective and understanding of the culture, education, history, politics, language, and geography of a county that is outside North America and preferably outside Western Europe. The award of up to $4,000 will be used for foreign study and travel for a period of time up to but not to exceed 3 months. Proposals to study at an FSU Study Abroad Center are discouraged.
- Will you be studying abroad for less than three months outside of North America and Western Europe?
- Which country will you be going to?
- What are the tentative dates you will be going abroad?
- Upload a two page written proposal that explains in detail the planned activity, the goals and objectives of the international experience, and which a. describes how they will prepare for their experience and/or indicates relevant previous experience b. identifies a faculty supervisor and the scope of activity during the period of award c. outlines a plan to share the results of their experience with the university community and others through published research, presentations, or electronic media
- Upload a recommendation letter from a faculty supervisor who has commented on your readiness to complete the proposed activity.
- Upload a projected budget for this International Study.
- Upload a copy of your resume (PDF or Word format).
- Show 3 more