Class of 1943 Endowed Scholarship
Recipient must be an adult student returning to school part-time (5 or less credit hours) after a five-year break in education with financial need.
One of the purposes of this scholarship is to increase diversity at Florida State University. Any student may apply to be considered for the award; however, it is the preference of the donor that the recipient be a Florida resident 23 years of age or older.
- Scholarship Committee
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an adult student returning to school after at least a five year break in education or a student transferring to Florida State University after completing an A.A. degree at a community college following a 5 year break in education?
- Submit a personal statement encompassing the following: your previous education, employment, personal and family experiences, your academic professional aspiration, why you want to attend the university at this time, whether you have changed your field and what caused you to change, your perception of your abilities, and any other comments relevant to your application.
- Submit a statement that clearly expresses what this scholarship would mean to you personally/professionally if you were the successful candidate. How would the awarding of this scholarship impact your personal/professional life? This statement is an important part of the application and should be strong and convincing.
- Submit a statement describing your financial need. Your statement of financial need is a very important part of the scholarship application and should demonstrate strong financial need for the awarding of this scholarship.
- Provide the name and email address of three individuals, one of whom must be written by a current or former employer, who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf?